Cantonese Private Tuition (from Nov 2020)
Katharina Mader from German
Cantonese Beginners Full Day (8/10 – 1/11/2019)
“I took a 4-week full-day Cantonese course at HKLS, and I would warmly recommend this school to anyone who would like to learn the language. I started almost from zero, and I never would have imagined that I could make so much progress in just these few weeks.
I had the chance to experience two different teachers during my course – both with great teaching skills and very cheerful, motivating and able to explain things clearly, so they made the lessons fun and the teachings easy to understand. As native speakers, they taught me lots of useful expressions that are commonly used. They were always responsive to questions, and willing to adapt the lessons to meet student’s individual interests. The lessons focus on quickly being able to use the language when communicating in real-life situations.
I would only recommend the full-day course if you are motivated to progress quickly and willing to put in some work outside of the class time as well, because it is quite a lot of input in just a short time. But it got me speaking very quickly, and this was exactly what I had been looking for.
The lessons took place in very small groups and useful materials in paper and audio files were included in the course.
I also think the school is very well organised, communication was always easy and the conditions transparent and fair. Branda and Mini made just about any possible effort to meet everybody’s needs, and I very much enjoyed the kind and welcoming atmosphere in the school.
Thank you for everything!! See you next time!
Mandarin Private Tuition (Dec 2017 to June 2019)
I was instantly impressed with their efficiency and they were very accommodating towards my learning requirements and budget
Carolyn Thompson from Britain
Mandarin Beginners Full Day (7/1 – 1/2/2019)
“I chose the HK Language School over its competitors because Mini and Branda were extremely welcoming and forthcoming with their emails. I was instantly impressed with their efficiency and they were very accommodating towards my learning requirements and budget. I spent one month at the school learning Mandarin. I walked away knowing 800 words and able to hold a basic conversation. My pronunciation also improved tenfold. My teacher, Audrey, was incredibly patient and often went out of her way to explain additional rules and concepts beyond the course. Thank you so much – I feel so much more confident to speak Chinese whilst I am conducting my doctorate research in China. I will be back for more lessons!”
The things I thought that were particularly good:
• The level of efficiency in your email correspondence.
• The welcoming and engaging school atmosphere.
• The books were really easy to follow and the learning style really worked for me personally.
• Audrey was excellent. She was incredibly patient – Adrian and I had a lot of questions for her about Chinese language. She often went home and researched how to explain additional concepts outside of the course. I was very appreciative of this.
• I love the tea and cookies! A lovely touch!
The things that could perhaps be improved:
• There are some English spelling errors in the books. This is not a big deal, but it’s good to correct these for a professional operation.
• This is a personal request, but I think it would be better if more Chinese speaking was encouraged during lessons. We would learn the material and read out the sentences but it would have been very beneficial to speak more. Audrey used to test us after each book by asking question’s in Chinese. This was fantastic and I would have liked more of this during the course of the books.
I hope to be back later in the year!